Forensic analysis of video file formats.
- documentation of the properties of the investigated video file;
- search and retrieval of criminally significant elements;
- establishing the origin of the video file;
- identification of the video recorder;
- identification of software used in the formation of the video file;
- establishing the identity of the origin of two or more video files;
- identification of signs of recompression of video files;
- identification of signs of video editing, including video editing without recompressing the video stream.
Key features of ForensisVideo-FA software.
- Comparition tools for video file structures (origin authentication).
- Simultaneous analysis of the video codec and media container.
- Support for all major media containers AVI, MKV, MOV etc.
- Supports all popular video codecs H.264, MPEG-4 etc.
- The import file and fast random navigation.
Structure of video file.
The video data and the basic parameters contained in the elementary video stream. The elementary video stream is created by encoder in accordance with one of the compression standards, for example MPEG-4. For transmission and storage, video elementary stream is packed into one of the media containers, such as AVI. The video file structure contains many diagnostic marks. ForensicVideo-FA allows access to any element of the video file and contains tools for comparing video files structures in various views.
ForensicVideo-FA allows you to get/see and analyze:
- The structure of the container in a tree (window «Media Container»).
- The structure of the encoded video a tree (window «Video Codec»).
- Summary information about each video frame (window «Frame»).
- Information on each macroblock (window «Macroblock»).
- Visualize motion vectors, quantization levels, sizes, types and partitioning of macroblocks.
- Binary data corresponding to the individual elements of the video (window «HEX viewer»).
- Summary information about the video file (the type of audio or video codec, file creation time, etc.) based on MediaInfo (window «File») end ExifTool.
- Comparing video file structures (elements of mediaconteiner's tree, elements of video codec's tree, MediaInfo and ExifTool summary information).
ForensicVideo-FA analyzers and parsers supports combinations of video codec / container from the list of:
|AVI (.avi)||H.264, MPEG-4 Part 10 (AVC)|
|MKV (.mkv, .webm)||MPEG-4 Part 2|
|MOV (.mov, .qt)||MPEG-2|
|MP4 (.mp4, .f4v)||MPEG-1|
|3GP (.3gp, 3g2)||H.263|
|OGG (.ogg, .ogv, .ogm)||Windows Media Video V7|
|RealMedia (.rmvb, .rmf, .rm)||Windows Media Video V8|
|ASF (.asf, .wmv, .wma)||MJPEG|
|MPEG-PS (.mpg, .vob)|
|MPEG-TS (.mts, .m2ts, .ts)|
|FLV (.flv, .swf)|
- Thanks to the import option ForensicVideo-FA provides fast random navigation on the video. At the navigation bar are highlighted frame types (I, P, B) and frame sizes.
- ForensicVideo-FA allows you to track changes in the compression settings for any part of the frame at the macroblock level.
- ForensicVideo-FA provides support for various video resolutions and convenient scaling.
For comfortable working with ForensicVideo-FA needed:
- 64-bit OS MS Windows 7 and higher.
- Video card that supports OpenGL version 3.3 (2010 year) and higher.
- Free space on hard disk to import video files.
Avalable educational discounts.